South Texas Research Institute (STRI) is a physician-led, patient-centered clinical research site located in Edinburg, Texas. STRI seeks to increase awareness of clinical trial options amongst Hispanics, a group that is the fastest growing minority in the US but who represent less than 7% of clinical trial participants.
STRI conducts late phase clinical trials in the field of internal medicine and specifically hepatology, with a primary focus on non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and cirrhosis. Led by Dr. Rashmee Patil, a fellowship-trained liver specialist, our team is dedicated to helping find treatments for these common liver conditions. We aim to yield results that empower medical professionals and patients to make informed health care decisions by advancing medical knowledge, promoting new and promising treatments, and facilitating access to otherwise unobtainable medications for patients of the Rio Grande Valley and beyond.
We offer Sponsors collaboration with a genuinely experienced research site comprised of dedicated, impeccably-trained, and uncompromisingly-compassionate staff. Together with our community partners, we seek to improve the health of the citizens of South Texas by bringing our patients cutting edge therapies that are currently focused in the field of Metabolic and Liver disease.
- A designated lab area
- Locked drug storage room (ambient and refrigerated medications) with temperature control maintained daily
- Locked freezer storage with temperature control maintained daily
- Spacious patient lounge with amenities
- Access to FedEx, Airborne Express, UPS courier services
- Conference room
- Patient exam rooms
- Coordinator workstations with internet access
- Utilization of CRIO clinical trial management system and electronic source
- Interpretive 12-Lead ECG
- Fibroscan (portable machine for non-invasive liver health assessment)
- All diagnostic equipment is calibrated every 6 months
Inspiring trust, improving access, and innovating care for our community.
1) To improve the health of citizens of the Rio Grande Valley by bringing cutting edge treatments to the region in all therapeutic areas
2) To increase awareness about clinical research amongst underrepresented groups (Hispanics) by educating medical professionals and our community
3) To support the medical community in reaching a cure for NAFLD/NASH by successfully enrolling Hispanics, the most affected ethnic minority, into clinical trials
- We commit to being transparent with patients and sponsors
- We handle our patient and clinical research data with integrity and confidentiality
- We openly and constructively communicate with colleagues to build a strong, trusting team
- We build trust with patients and the community by providing high quality care, valuing patient centricity, and communicating with transparency
- We honor our individual and collective values and goals to unite as a team
- We believe that each team member contributes unique and valuable skills
- We act with empathy to see a person as their whole self
- We are individually committed to doing our very best – not just meeting goals, but continually improving, growing, and learning
- We dedicate ourselves to STRI’s mission and vision to create a long-term, lasting impact in our community